March 10, 2022
How do we respond to division on evolution and age of earth? by Dr Kevin Rogers
This year (2022) we are devoting most of our meetings to address issues regarding
- Young Earth Creationism (YEC),
- Old Earth Creationism (OEC),
- the scope and validity of evolutionary theory. and
- their implications on Biblical
- reliability and
The difference between OEC and YEC estimates for the age of the earth is about 100,000 to 1. So, at least one view is diabolically wrong. However, what can be even more diabolical is how we address and treat each other.
The topics that are covered are:
- What are the YEC/OEC options?
- What are some Biblical perspectives?
- How should we handle the division?
- What are the advantages of the Christian perspective?
The presentation is available on YouTube.
The presentation contains web links, which are listed below:
https://biologos.org/common-questions/what-is-evolutionary-creation summarises the Biologos position on evolutionary creationism.
https://biologos.org/common-questions/how-should-we-interpret-the-genesis-flood-account/ describes the Biologos view on Noah’s flood.
https://www.reasonablefaith.org/search/eyJyZXN1bHRfcGFnZSI6InNlYXJjaCIsImtleXdvcmRzIjoiZXZvbHV0aW9uIiwic3VibWl0IjoiR08ifQ describes William Lane Craig’s views on the age of the earth, evolutionary theory and his Biblical perspective.
The following are additional useful references:
- Origins: It’s not science versus God
All of our YouTube recordings can be accessed from https://www.youtube.com/user/ReasonableFaithSA/videos