On the 30th August 2012 David Gee provided a presentation on Tactics that we can use during conversations on Christian issues. These tactics are based on a book (Tactics – A game plan for discusion your Christian Convictions) by Greg Koukl.
The presentation advocated having a tactical game plan in your discussions with others to enable you to remain in the driver’s seat, whilst communicating your faith confidently. It covered four things:
- The value of the tactical approach to discussing Christianity,
- Defining what tactics are and how they differ from strategy,
- Exploring the dangers to others in using and abusing these tactics, and
- An introduction to the main apologetic tactic, known affectionately as the Columbo tactic.
The main idea is to use questions in response to someone’s assssertions, rather than making our own counter-assertions. There are a number of reasons why, but the key questions are:
- What do you mean by that?
- How did you come to that conclusion?
Greg Koukl has provided more complete presentations at:
They are well worth looking at.