September 21, 2013
“Is Job historical?” by Brian Schroeder
When: 7 pm, Thursday, the 27th May 2021 (Adelaide time)
To participate in this live meeting, please click on the following link at the starting time:
The book of Job in the Bible is one that has resonated with people for thousands of years. It confronts one of the enduring questions that continues to plague mankind: Why do the righteous suffer?
But how should we view this book? Is it a philosophical/theological treatise? Is it one man’s struggle in written form to come to grips with the question? Is it the work of many people over a period of centuries? Or is it the story and experience of a real human being struggling first-hand with major catastrophes in his own life?
Brian Schroeder will look at these questions, along with the historical setting against which this story is set.
- The Best of All Possible Worlds by Brian Schroeder - 28/10/2021 - 12:00 am
- Evolution - the false dichotomy by Gordon Stanger - 28/10/2021 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- How the Christian revolution remade the world by Tom/Kevin - 11/11/2021 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Sites of Bethlehem by Trevor Harris - 25/11/2021 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Sites of Bethlehem by Trevor Harris - 09/12/2021 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm